Based on VBA script I received from the Autodesk Community and together with other scripts I found on the internet, I managed to get a minimalistic plugin for Inventor working. It includes most of the features of the SolidWorks plugin but does not provide any user interface. However, the current key features are:
- Opening different Inventor formats
- Part files (*.ipt)
- Assemblies (*.iam)
- Drawings (*.dwg)
The Inventor files are always converted using high resolution. A solution will be found in the future to make this setting changeable and provide 3D-printing profiles if needed.
For the full list of changes, I kindly recommend taking a look at the repository’s tag page.
- Project page
- Ultimaker community thread
- Installation guide
- Un-installation guide
- Versions, downloads and changelog
Further interesting resources
- The idea, as described in the Autodesk Inventor forums
- Thread in Autodesk’s forum about adding a sidebar
- Other threads about customization at Autodesk