- Fixed freezing windows
- Happend when opening the config window, the macro guide and the config window again. Same with vise versa.
- Possibility to turn off on auto-rotation for 3MF files
- Allowing to rotate STL files for every SolidWorks version automatically
- Minor changes and fixes
- Adding simulation mode for debugging
- Major cleanups
- Simplifying code
- Using CIU 0.4.0
- Replacing function which expands shortened paths
- Using alternative method to extract the installation path of SolidWorks
- Spelling corrections
- Introduction of 3D-printing profiles!
- Updated user interface
- New issue analyser
- Updated to CIU 0.3.1 (https://github.com/thopiekar/CadIntegrationUtils/releases/tag/0.3.1)
- Rebuilt PyWin32 (Needed to make connection to SolidWorks)
- Nothing more
0.4.3.1 (Ultimaker’s QA not passed)
- Configuration UI: Make window size fixed again
- Tries to use the most recent installation
- More fail-safe against failing starts of SolidWorks
- New tab in configurations to detect issues with SolidWorks installations
- New option to choose the preferred SolidWorks version to use
- Updated to CIU 0.3.0 (https://github.com/thopiekar/CadIntegrationUtils/releases/tag/0.3.0)
- UI fixes – problems with display scaling settings != 100% solved
- Added drawing support – Only one assembly or part per drawing is allowed!
- Closing SolidWorks in the background. After rewriting many lines between 0.3.x and 0.4.x this check got lost. As a consequence, after starting Cura, there was for each version an orphaned running SolidWorks process running.
- Speeding up conversion by CommandInProgress (http://help.solidworks.com/2013/english/api/sldworksapi/SolidWorks.Interop.sldworks~SolidWorks.Interop.sldworks.ISldWorks~CommandInProgress.html)
- Adding a fallback mechanism for quality profiles. Lower quality will be used if current export failed.
- Redesigned UI: Should be less confusing for new users.
- Added toggle to turn on/off auto-rotation. It is known that people already designed parts in the wrong orientation to get a proper export.
- Adding pop-up messages for macOS and Linux users, that this is the wrong OS, where the plugin is running on.
- Adding a pop-up message with a notice, whenever a SolidWorks installation is missing.
- Speedup in loading the plugin
- Added titles to messages related to this plugin
- Cura 3.0.x comes with comtypes. This module provides connection to the Windows automation interface, as known as COM.
However, it looks like this module is still very buggy and after a time our plugin was not operational anymore. A replacement of this module has been done with win32com, which is more stable and comes pre-shipped in the .curaplugin package. There were already plans for a 0.4.x release, but this issue had a higher priority.
- Changes on the macro have been reviewed
- Plain text has been updated
- .curaplugin package includes now CadIntegrationUtils properly
This version has been announced by Ultimaker and never went into a QA or any review by me.
It has been released on Ultimaker’s servers and the published package was broken.
- Bringing back macro guide
- Shirking macro script as a consequence of 0.3.3